21 September 2010

Welcome to Blogging!

I have previously not been on the blogging world because I was determined to come up with a cool name before I started my blog. I did not want something boring or generic. That being said I will explain to you our blog name.

Pedantic means someone who is overly concerned with their school work or very academic. Since Nate and I met at school, in a Journalism class, we thought this would be a good word to describe our beginnings. And our JCOM teacher would be proud that we used a word that probably has been on his word of the day list at some point.

Fixation means that you are fixed on or obsessively connected to for all time. In psychology it means someone who is strongly attached to someone that usually results in immature behavior that will persist throughout life.

And thus you get the Laursen's. Let the blogging begin! (It should also be noted that we came up with this name game during a vigorous game of Facebook Scrabble.)

As of today, Nate and I have been married for 3 years, 6 months, and 12 days. (and yes, I had to count it...) He has been working the last two years for a software company from home, while also working as apartment managers for a complex of 208 single students. I also get paid for this position, but I don't think anyone knows that I am also a manager of the complex. In the meantime I have been going to school and will be done this December! I have also been working for the on-campus student newspaper as the office manager (meaning I make sure everyone pays us, and that everyone gets paid). After that...well...we have no idea. We do know we are going on a cruise in January, so stayed tuned for details! 

And so concludes my very first blog post. Should I be taking photographic evidence of this?

4 comments:

  1. Am I allowed to read this blog even if I can't pronounce the title? Now I have a way to keep in touch with the Laursens. We have drifted apart these last couple of years. I will stalk and comment regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. Glad you guys are in the blogging world. Can we go to the Fun Park again when we come for Christmas? Keep saving those quarters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should both feel awesome for being the first to comment. Especially at such a late hour. I look forward to our Blogmenting on each other's Blogs and spending "more time" with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can anyone post a comment? This is the mom (in-law for Nate!) I really like the title and can even say the words. Better yet, I know what they mean. Great Blog. (Like I know, I am old and barely computer literate.)

    ReplyDelete