29 November 2010

Thanksgiving and the Snow

Well, another Thanksgiving has come and gone. And we spent the majority of our day doing this:

It's kind of a dark picture, so if you can't tell that's Nate asleep behind me and Zoe asleep on top of me. I'm pretty sure D'Jayden was curled up on the lazy boy next to us. It was a wonderful holiday! Good food, family, and football! Best holiday ever! We could all use more holidays just like it: more excuses to take 4 day weekends. It was wonderful!

Then it all came crashing down on us like the snow usually does, never can it ease us into the transition from Fall to Winter, it just dumps. These pictures don't do it justice because this was after it snowed the first time and it's snowed multiple times since then. My calf high boots are no longer tall enough.
Nate shoveling, all the time. Think of this with about 8 more inches and you'll get this morning. Then after it dumps on us, it drops to about 9 degrees as the high for six or seven days in a row. Put on some extra pants and a couple pairs of gloves and I'm good to go! Lucky for me I have my brand new jeggings. Yes, I bought them.

And just had to share this because who can resist this face? I know I can't!

Especially not when I go to leave and she runs almost outside in the freezing, all wet in a towel just out of the tub to give me a hug before I go. What would I do without her?!

Hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit! I will be in about 2 weeks and 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment